Our Response to COVID-19
With the outbreak of COVID-19, we wanted to let you know that we are open for business and still making deliveries, but also felt it was appropriate to share some details about our internal procedures so you can shop with confidence and rest easy knowing that we are doing everything we can to help keep you safe. We promise to stay apprised of any new recommendations and update our safety measures should the need arise.
- All returned bottles and caps are sanitized in a commercial-grade bottle washer, with water temperatures at or above 180 degrees Fahrenheit, as required by NSF/ANSI 3.
- All returned tote bags are sanitized using a rotary drum washer certified under NSF Protocol P172, with water temperatures averaging 158 degrees Fahrenheit during a sanitary cycle lasting at least 60 minutes.
- Our drivers generally do not have any close contact with customers. Returned totes are left outside the front door for pick up, and deliveries are dropped in their place. Direct human-to-human interaction rarely occurs.
- Inside our delivery vehicles, returned tote bags will be kept in a separate area away from sanitized (yet to be delivered) tote bags, in order to eliminate the possibility of contact between a tote going into your home and a tote coming back from another.
- After each delivery or pick up of a returned tote bag, our delivery drivers will use hand sanitizer before touching a sanitized tote bag and making their next delivery.
- For deliveries to office buildings or other workplaces, customers must contact us prior to delivery to ensure a safe exchange. Our drivers will not attempt a delivery without proper social distancing measures in place.
- Update on April 6th, 2020: In accordance with the request from Governor Polis, we will be wearing masks during all delivery routes.
The CDC recommends protecting yourself by frequently washing your hands with soap and water, as well as protecting others by cleaning and disinfecting surfaces every day. Our current supply of all products (including hand soap!) is plentiful, and we have not, nor do we intend to raise any of our prices in order to capitalize on this crisis.
We want as many folks as possible to be well equipped in this fight, so for those trying to reduce or avoid human contact, we are here to fulfill all your household needs safely, affordably, and without all the packaging waste.
Sending Good Vibes,